[StBernard]Meeting attendance/MRGO- Is this correct?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 30 21:26:29 EST 2006

"Now, everybody is on the bandwagon to "close MRGO". However, for years,
and I means years, the president of the St. Bernard Sportsmen's League, Mr.
Pete Savoye, and Dan Arceneaux have been campaigning with every level and
branch of government warning that if this waterway was not shut down St.
Bernard Parish would be vulnerable. Nobody listened. -Jill Dolese"

Hey, I loved those donuts from Doleses Grocery!! <G>..

Actually, there is much truth in what you write about the "band-wagon"
effect, joining for the sake of being with the populace.

However, I assume 2 things. Firstly, no one (including myself knew what and
how a devestation would be like in real life beyond Betsy (and I survived
Betsy!!)..

Secondly, even thought volumes were written on EM's The St. Bernard Voice,
some of us (well, I didn't) opted to turn the page rather than read the
frontpage article magnanimously for a couple years or so. No one (even the
experts) realized the devestating impact which would change so many lives
forever simultaneously. Therefore, it took a shell-shocker to knock us to
our senses--a shock that would turn a "front page science fiction novel"
into a reality series/fiction story overnight.

--who would have thunk it?!! Now the suffering begins..We only can pray for
a happier ending.

--Jer.