[StBernard] Congressional Committee

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 31 23:03:13 EST 2006

EXCELLENT post, Jer......I couldn't agree more.
Save the finger pointing for AFTER the fact, we are still drowning down
here!
The following is a letter that I mailed and emailed to every single one of
those senators over a month ago, with not even one single response!

"I am writing concerning the ongoing investigation into post-Hurricane
Katrina activities.

I am rather confused as to why this investigation is happening NOW.

Our city is still in shambles. We are all still homeless. We have an
IMMEDIATE need for housing for relief workers, recovery workers, and
evacuated citizens of this city who can not come home because there is no
place for them to live.

And the evacuees are about to be removed from hotels because FEMA will no
longer be supporting the only shelter these people have available to them.

I,myself, am living in a FEMA camper in the parking lot of my husband's
company. My husband and I lost our home, and every single thing that we
owned. Our home was submerged in 7-ft of water for a week. Neither of us
lost our jobs (for now), but the future is looking more bleak with each
passing day. Large corporations, and companies that have been in New Orleans
throughout my lifetime are cutting back employees or closing their doors and
relocating.

This is a major crisis of epic proportions! And we need help, I don't
understand why no one will listen. I have been a life-long, working-class,
tax-paying citizen of New Orleans

my entire life, please do not abandon the very citizens who support our
government and this great country.

Sir, with all do respect, NOW is NOT THE TIME for the accusations and
finger-pointing. Please study the cause and effects AFTER some relief has
been felt down here. Are the citizens who are suffering the most not the
FIRST PRIORITY?

We are tired of the committees, sub-committees, hearings, trials, and talk.
It's time for a plan of action, and for that plan to be executed, or this
city is doomed to be a distant memory.

Thank you for this opportunity to voice my opinion.

Tracie Brown

resident of St.Bernard Parish/New Orleans, LA"