[StBernard] Property tax question

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 31 23:16:58 EST 2006

I found this information in the St. Bernard forum posts of NOLA.com.

I was under the impression that property taxes were being reworked, and,
were to be published in March.....

Does anyone have any information? Does anyone know the tel # of the
assessor's office?

Thanks,

Charlie

44898. PROPERTY TAX INFO by jgiang365 <../profile.ssf?nickname=jgiang365>,
1/31/06 14:49 ET
Called the tax assessor today, she said they we're waving property taxes for
2005. From reading information on this forum, people have been posting that
property taxes we're going to be adjusted to post katrina. Well they told me
no taxes for 05, and if you we're relocating, then you needed to sign an
affidavit before march to still get credit for the homestead exemption for
2006. She said you don't get credit for the homestead exemption unless you
are living in the dwelling being taxed. So, if you are moving but haven't
signed papers for the new house, you better sign the affidavit, before you
get slammed with a hefty property tax bill for 2006, because you won't get
the homestead exemption.

Charlie Fos
Tel: 504-712-7171
e-mail: fosc at randacorp.net