[StBernard] Rebuilding and Recovery

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 1 11:49:17 EST 2006

Hey Jer, "You are on target. I am on my way to Washington to see what I can
sift through about our true future from the capitol's viewpoint. The blame
horse is out the barn and while correcting mishaps is positive I think the
focus is a bit off --Craig "

****Craig, I'm always striving to be on target because, for the most part, I
really try and use a great deal of common sense in logical terms. Having
been educated as yourself, my book sense is not what I need to rely on when
considering what is needed. It's the horse sense I attempt to use in the
initial stages. This can be contradictory with those in some government
positions (local, state or federal) who can, for the most part...become a
"horse's a$$". Perhaps this makes them so by not having the vision to
realize the simple things of need ----like a stable place to live.
Imagine...5-9 months to even obtain a trailer, much less a permanent home to
bring individuals to some sort of normal living. 1 million people homeless,
whether in the long or short term is horrible for our economy (local, state,
and perhaps federal), if the delay is based monitarily (that there is
insufficient funds to recovery).

Stopping to reflect on our dubious condition should be paramount to almost
anything you can imagine that is needed for our ultimate survival. There is
a "first-aid" procedure that is always first and foremost when considing a
victim's vital signs needed to survive. It's called, "Stop the Bleeding".
Likewise, unless we also can stop the bleeding (no pun intended), as quickly
as possible, how are we ever going to "stablize the patient" toward an
improved health status and recovery??? It simply is not possible.

Good luck on your trip to Washington. Tell them Jer is not happy with their
logistical alibis and if anyone deserves to do the blaming for getting them
off their fat a$$es, it's me and a million victims that's being bypassed for
lack of consideration for our concerns are in our communities here. Ask 400
other HR and 80 more Senators to come see for themselves as the "Doubting
Thomases" they pretend to be. Imagine "needing to see a wound" because they
doubt their senses!~

--Jer