[StBernard] Governor Blanco - In da house..

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 1 22:12:14 EST 2006

"Jer..In all fairness....Blanco and Landrieu are not to blame...sure they
are getting blamed for many things...but the state of the union address is
not the place for a senator& governor to hold some rally..."

**In my humbled opinion, they all should share in the failures and successes
about Katrina.

"we the people should be in an uproar...because...we are not being helped by
our government...they are spending billions in Iraq...Our young men and
women are dying everyday...George W continues to tell the country that money
is allocated...80 billlion...well we have not seen one penny of that
...Louisiana is supposed to be allocated 6.2 billion....we have not gotten
one penney..."

***Yes, we did get help, but unfortunate, 6.2 Billion (Community Block
Grants) will fall way too short to combat the degree of damage and its
reconstruction/recovery efforts needed. Individuals getting the money over
infrastructures/schools/hospitals/government, etc.. Sheesh!

"louisiana asked for help before the hurricane hit...we were denied...that
isn't being addressed...there is a gag order ...so that people who know
cannot say anything ...so the facts can come out in those hearings...the
blame keeps going to Nagin...and Blanco...the president declared louisiana a
disaster...days before the hurricane hit...why...why weren't we helped
then..."

****Again, the focus on Nagin/Blanco. Asked for help too late. The Fed.
government is not going to interfere with a state's right by forcing its
might against the state without asking. If I were governor/mayor, I
guarantee that I would have spoken UP in an appropriate manner at the
appropriate time. An emergency was declared prior to the storm, the "ask for
federal help" for the conditions we've experienced, we're told came later..

"US citizens should be marching o n Washington...we should demand...to
know...why were we not helped then...and why are we not being helped
now...people are suffering...waiting...waiting for insurance to pay...by the
time all FEMA trailers are distributed...it will be time for them to be
taken...this is a joke...unfortunately ...the joke is on
innocent...people...children, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers,
aunts, uncles, etc...human lives...people are suffering here...in "THE
UNITED STATES"...how can this be happening...this cannot continue to go
on.....We need to write to everyone in Congress, Senate, the Governor...and
the President himself...and let them know how we feel..Florida...is still
recovering...they also have been forgotten from the last big hit they
took...if like you say the squeaky wheel...we all ought to be part of that
wheel...together we could make the loudest squeak...let them know...we will
not be forgotten!
CMHingle"

***Carol, you sound angry 8'). But many of us have been writing into
Congress/President, etc.. (see Wes's plea from time to time asking for us to
write everyone, support the Baker Plan,etc. At some point, if things ever
"get to a boil", there could be widespread social action to demand as a
march on Washington. However, at this point, it's a write-in campaign. Our
local leaders have "marched to Washington" at the moment to get a piece of
our executive/legislature's ears. I don't know if they will waste
tax-payer's money or be successful with their attempt, but in the words of
some exasperated, almost-hopeless individual (at some point in time) said,
"Well, we gotta do something!!" 8')

Jer.