[StBernard] FEMA trailers/parks

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 4 14:48:22 EST 2006

Craig, I originally sent this to your AOL account but msg was returned to
yahoo.
Therefore, I'm posting to the St. Bernard listserv in hopes of a response.

Hi Craig, you wrote on Westley's list:

The trailer park set ups in St. Bernard are being designed for St.
Bernard
residents. We are keenly aware of holding our community in tact. We
have
had direct discussions about this issue with both FEMA and the trailer
contractor and the agreement is that we will be able to scrub lists to
make
sure that the parks are used as planned. As a control measure, we have
discontinued additional new park development so as not to create an
abundance of spaces that FEMA would then seek to fill.

Craig

Craig,
We have gotten exactly ONE call from FEMA on a trailer and that has been it.

I've got me and my 80 year old mom and a doxie with me. We want to get back
to St. Bernard or the area, but we can't afford to shell out $1500-1700
mo/rent.
< /DIV>
Our time is running out in the hotel and if we have to find an apt. here in
B'ham area and have to sign a lease for the apt. it will make returning to
St. Bernard that much more difficult.

I'm fighting with Nat'l Finance Ctr to let me work back in NOLA due to my
mom's health, age, etc. Having a trailer available there would be a good
argument for them to agree to this.

As I said above, if we have to get rental housing here in AL, I'll resign my
job for NFC (what choice would I have?) and then start looking for
employment in this area. St. Bernard will be a thing of the past.

Any help/assistance or suggestions you've got would be a big help.

Jim York
(504) 421-5956 (cell #)