[StBernard] demand letter for mortgage

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 7 13:14:09 EST 2006

David,
I'm having the same problem. I spoke to my mortgage company the other day
and asked for a demand letter, he was very sarcastic and said "for what?
Your low interest SBA loan?" and I told him that is correct. Then the
representative told me that it is against the law to demand someone to pay
off their mortgage. The mortgage companies aren't complying because they
don't want people to get the low interest SBA loans.
MY QUESTION IS...WHY IS SBA REQUIRING SUCH A LETTER THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY
AGAINST THE LAW? This seems like a catch 22.
Heather