[StBernard] Rebuilding...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 8 07:48:19 EST 2006

Jer,

Before now, I believe the flooding proposal wasn't considered because so
many lived lower (down da road), now, what only one home survived in
Hopedale... Delecroix- gone...The option now opens for such thinking. The
businesses were not salvageable in those areas, so that is no longer an
issue. You would think that they would, if considered, to go as far "up da
road" as possible and expand as far into the gulf at the same time. I have
absolutely no idea who would I approach with this- the Army Corp., so what
they could f#@* this up! This would have to be a local/parish decision and
executed with the right people who live in the area, who know the
land/ecology of the area. I don't claim to be any expert, by no means, but
radical thinking couldn't hurt at this point. Could this also help restore
those lost cypress along the new highway, who knows. But to think outside
the box maybe our only hope for surviving the next 5 years, la nina, and the
Army Corp of engineers.

Wendy