[StBernard] Senate Bill 7

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 12 23:18:26 EST 2006

Of the three St. Bernard legislators I asked about Senate Bill 7, the only
one to respond to date has been Rep. Nita Hutter.

Rep. Hutter says she is fully behind this bill that aims to take the burden
of proof off of homeowners when determining if damage is due to wind or
flood.

She did mention that Sen. Walter Boasso signed on as a co-author of the
bill.

Checking the web site, the bill has passed the Senate and is waiting to be
heard by the Committee on Insurance in the House.

No status on Rep. Ken Odinet. I guess he is too busy fighting the levee
consolidation bill to worry about anything else.

Westley