[StBernard] Removal of Vehicles

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 15 15:01:57 EST 2006

Craig:

Our neighborhood has five automobiles on the neutral grounds, and in the
preceding block there are at least three more just sitting there. I don't
know what the parish ordinance was before the storm, but I assume that it
involved posting a notice on the vehicle and after a certain period of time,
having it towed. Is it possible to reinstate the program so that these
vehicles can be removed?

I notice that these vehicles are starting to be vandalized (for example,
breaking the windows resulting in glass in the street), and few have any
indication as to their status. By posting the notice I would assume that
the owner, if he/she has to leave it there for insurance puposes, they could
remove the sticker and paint "do not tow" on the windshield.

If we can move some of these vehicles, the clean-up crews can easily remove
the debris around them.

Thanks for your continued assistance, and congrats on the birth of your new
son.
John F. Richardson