[StBernard] Is it possible...Can this get their attention?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 19 16:27:18 EST 2006

Hi Everyone,

I just had a thought, evil to say the least, that may help a number of
people to start getting a fair shake from the insurance industry. This may
not work for everyone, but in my case and a few others it may, which will
help bring the rest in line. CRIMINAL CHARGES, now hear me out, any
attorney's please chime in with possible input. In St. Bernard, their is a
way to press charges through the local JP when a wrong has occurred. In my
situation, and I'm sure there are many in the same boat, my fiance's house
only received about 4ft 3.25 inches of water. There is roof damage, there
are water spots through the sheet rock, yet the insurance company believes
that a few spots can be cut and patched and that the removal of the
insulation and sheetrock is not necessary. This in spite of the fact that we
explained that our daughter was premature and has premature lungs and we
have pictures of mold growning on the walls of the attic. I am currently
trying to find a way to have other areas tested for mold in the insulation,
sheetrock, and attic walls. If we find that mold is in these areas, can we
or is it possible, to press charges against the company for "attempted
murder" of our daughter? Is this extreme, maybe. We have made it clear that
her life could be in danger and was told that it's not their problem and the
damage was not that extensive even though the adjustor didn't make a
thorough inspection (LIKE EVERYONE ELSE) of the home. I am sure a number of
you have elderly parents/ asthmatic children/ or cancer patients who cannot
be exposed to these molds and had limited flooding and exposure could
endanger their lives.Could this start to get the insurance industry's
attention- everyone from the claims adjustor's to the corporate heads- the
warrents would involve everyone who touched their case. In my case, Ken
Sutton with AIG, Audubon Insurance Co., I forgot the adjustor's name,
everyone. Let them be carted down to St. Bernard and stand a possible trial
of their "peers", i.e. St. Bernard residents and judges.

Wendy Hall