[StBernard] Buy-out plan to Gaby

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 21 20:46:24 EST 2006

I do not think anyone is trying to get rich. I do not think it is fair to
assume that people w/out flood did not have their ducks in a row. I was told
by my insurance agent it was a waste of money; I was not in a flood plain,
my street didn't even flood for Betsy, they never told me how inexpensive it
was either. Not a day goes by that I don't kick myself for taking the advice
of professionals.As far as relocating, that is what I am having to do. I
lost my job, have a baby to think of among other things. Also, people with
homeowner's are not going to make out like a bandit. I have a 5ft hole in a
ceiling, water spots in three rooms and all Homeowner's will give me is
$3000 to replace two ceilings and shingles only on my roof. I feel very
sorry for those who have started to rebuild and may be forced out, that is
why I will not make any repairs until I know my home will not become eminent
domain. Good Luck and I hope you get to keep your home!

Tinamarie