[StBernard] Buy-out plan to Gaby

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 22 00:43:34 EST 2006

<<Also, people with
homeowner's are not going to make out like a bandit.>>

I dont think anyone will make out like a bandit in this one, and I am sorry
if I offended with my 'duck in a row' comment. No, we never had water either
in 15 years, but we are glad we had the insurance anyways, as we found out
it was rather cheap.
It is farthest from my mind to take anything away from anyone, yet I find
the current talk about deducting insurance proceeds quite wrong. My point
was, for any buy out, the post Katrina rebuilt value and money put back in
AND the premiums of insurance paid should be considered as well, otherwise
the whole thing is just an incentive to NOT buy insurance unless one is
forced to.
(Btw, when we bought the house we were told we were in a B zone, and now we
are in an A zone and the elevation is now questioned, the papers I had about
being elevated are either flooded or somewhere in my boxes and bins, nothing
is easy these days). Although all lost a lot to everything and all need help
somehow, I dont think I should be getting less help because I had insurance.
We for one can NOT afford to relocate with our little funds, as our choices
of locations are limited due to school and jobs. We looked at relocation but
it is just out of our reach in today's crazy price hike.

Gaby