[StBernard] NORTH of Judge Perez

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 24 17:48:53 EST 2006

The term 'North of Judge Perez' is quite broad.
The area would include not only our home, but also our church, the day care
that opens soon, the grocery store to come, Home Depot, the whole fema area
by Walmart with trailer parks, Government building, Civic center the
Hospital and the proposed Senior Citizen center.
So, now, who thinks our parish should end on Judge Perez? It seems absurd to
throw out such a broad phrase to us who are already rebuilding and to
businesses who agreed to return and now may face relocation?
Money spent on homes lost? Folks with homes on the south side having not
only access to similar grants and low interest loans but also a REsale value
which we on the north wont have?
I certainly hope this 'north of Judge Perez' will be strongly reconsidered
(i.e. forget to dismiss us this way). Even though the land is a couple of
feet higher by the river, if that storm surge would have come up the river
instead of through Lake Borgne and the Mr Go, it would have caused more
damage near the river too.

Just my inexperienced viewpoint.

Gaby