[StBernard] land use

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 1 11:00:53 EST 2006

While there are some who wish north of Judge Perez to be spared of
leveling/buyouts, there are equally MANY who wish it cleansed of its petty
poison and given the opportunity to do so. The homes were damaged, for the
most part, (until kingdom come as I can attest), has had oil infiltrated its
space and left countless owners in a quirkmire who can't or won't
rebuild/restore that degree of waste. Pitiful, to say the least and I do
feel so awful for the "poor" kids/and caring people who have to go inside to
clean-up that degree of disgustful remains. That's why it's so important to
make the decision to "enema" the area quickly. I can imagine doing all that
disgusting work, only to have it decided later that it needs destroying.

It nearly killed me to go inside and move trash, debris, and crap aside to
look for very precious artifacts for 10 days straight in a precarious
environment that's soaked to the hilt into the attic, studs, and behind
brick. I don't have to think twice about salvaging disgusting, unhealthful
mess. Yes, I'm sick of Clorox-ing and disinfecting trinkets and tools. I
simply can't trust the bigger items like a house and the land that contained
my garden of food produced. I await word that my home is included to go on
to better and healthful living. To me, it's a given right in America to
strive for better living conditions and if I don't end up with cancerous
growths at some point because of the industry and this experience, it will
only be a blessing and act of God.

Jer.