[StBernard] None So Blind

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 1 16:54:13 EST 2006

<<St, Bernard 'WAS" a great place to live and the people made it
great but
many,if not most, won't return. When you're in your 60's you don't
want to
start over but there isn't much choice. With kids in your home there
is NO
choice.>>

To each their own. A couple in their seventies is busy nailing and painting
to put their house back together, happy to do so. We lived for months 10
minutes from a nuclear plant and no one there could tell us what to do if
that alarm would go off other than on the monthly drill. A school mate of my
daughter moved to Baton Rouge and was shot by a family member when a gun
went off accidentally. Another family ended up in a blizzard. Another
family of friends is now planning on a tornado shelter. There is some danger
anywhere you go. Dont put down St Bernard yet, it will clean up. I am sure
once more houses are cleaned and gutted, the mold issue will improve as
well. I happen to think that there is so much mold because so many houses
are allowed to sit and grow it, with moist insulation and full of soaked
stuff.
If we would all just know what to do and had the resources, many more would
have cleaned up by now.
So please, dont cripple us with such negativity. It is difficult enough with
a positive outlook. (and again, not everyone has crude oil on their
property.)

Gaby , incurable optimist.