[StBernard] critters

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 2 21:44:23 EST 2006

JFR,

We have taken the position that all of the houses in the parish after the
storm presented health risks- FEMA doesn't see it that way so they will not
pay for contractors to remove those items from inside the home. Some people
have decided to just wait to let the gutting crew get to it when they come
around and others just don't have the physical capabilty to handle the job
themselves.

As far as the vehicles, the council voted to reinstate the towing program
that was in place pre-Katrina to augment the state program that is virtually
non-existent in St. bernard. Any local tow company can tow after community
development begins stickering the vehicles.

Thanks for your input.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig