[StBernard] Lack of Catholic Pastoral Care

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 2 22:25:51 EST 2006

Since I been back to St. Bernard Parish the Southern Baptist has
been their for my family. From clean up supplies, prayer support to food
assistance. As a Catholic I often ask myself, why is my Church not in the
streets outreaching?

Below are the numbers of the Southern Baptist Church disaster relief
activity I found on their web site.

Why are we not reaching out as they do?

My answer!

Because Catholics are not committed to mission work, nor taught mission work
as the Southern Baptist!

A Catholic struggling to remain Catholic in St. Bernard.

You can't argue with this!

Activity Totals (as of 3/2/06)

State Conventions Activated 41
Volunteer Days Contributed 165,748
Meals Prepared 14,556,541
Jobs Completed (cleanup and recovery operations) 16,973
Showers Provided 103,556
Laundry Loads Completed 25,826
Children Cared For 7,817
Ham radio messages sent 3,107