[StBernard] Lack of Catholic Pastoral Care

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 2 23:07:12 EST 2006

Because you have not seen or experienced the work of Catholics does not mean
they are not doing anything. Except in small cases, Catholics as a whole do
not do things like this as a group. Instead, we do things individually.

Remember, Matthew, 6:2. "When you give alms, do not blow a trumpet before
you, as the hypocrites 2 do in the synagogues and in the streets to win the
praise of others."

Since the storm, the Archdiocese has been distributing over 10,000,000
pounds of food a month, plus adding to the counseling and other services
that is provided through Catholic Charities.

They don't have a tent set up at Walmart because they prefer to keep things
private. If you need assistance, visit the Rectory at Our Lady of Prompt
Succor and I am sure someone will be glad to assist you.

Westley