[StBernard] Mexicans

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 3 08:06:17 EST 2006

People can say what they want about Mexicans, but there is a phrase
that
seems to follow every time you mention a Mexican - "worked their ass
off."

How many other nationalities can claim that?

Westle>>

Aint THAT the truth. Due the the cold flu crud, we decided to hire the ones
my brother in law had working for him for a day. They were awesome. Got
dropped of with limited tools, little food, and just worked. (yes, we shared
our canned baked beans we had there).

I hear no stories about 'gang's, but more stories about some Mexican workers
getting robbed (as they supposedly carry cash), and others upset because
their 'boss' seemed to have left town without paying them. That is SOOOOO
wrong.

I see about a dozen or so at the Exxon station in the morning, waiting for
someone to pick them up for a job. Reminds me of the M..? cant remember the
name, but they are Mexican Musicians that hang around at certain spots until
someone hires them for a gig. We are getting quite a cultural education here
these days. I think the schools social study dept should encourage some
papers and projects about Mexicans and Blackfoot Indians.

Gaby (acclimated St Bernardian herself)