[StBernard] Lack of Catholic Pastoral Care

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 3 20:02:04 EST 2006

Well I experienced the lack of Catholic help also...I have always been
Catholic and while we were evacuated to Lake Charles we went to mass on
every Sunday, we experience nothing. They asked who was affected by Katrina
please stand, we stood and they welcomed us... That was it. They passed a
collection around and hardly anyone put anything in the collection. Not
that we would see any of that collection...I even put $5 in the
collection...and we just lost everything the week before. We had every other
religious organization offer clothes, food, shelter, etc...but we still to
this day have not received anything from the Catholic religion. No
offers...they know who we are, we go to church every week and they know we
are relocated...and not once have we been offered any help. It is really
sad. We even went to the St. Mark mass in Mandeville a couple of months
back...there were a bunch of St. Bernard residents there to see Fr. Lomax
and other St. Bernard residents and no offers for any one of us there...just
cookies and drinks.
Sad Catholic missing her old life in Chalmette.
Heather