[StBernard] Lack of Catholic Pastoral Care

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 4 11:09:55 EST 2006

Last time I went to the FEMA/SBA tent in front of wal-mart, there was a lady
in there giving out flyers for Catholic Charities and she was explaining
what help is availible from them, from health care to money(Need based) to
food and other services they offer and the brocher told you what they do and
she told you how to get help. Right after the storm in Metairie, catholic
charities was giving out checks for rent if you had a receipt or a note from
someone you were staying with to verifiy your rent amount. They were giving
out wal-mart gift cards and other help at St. Lukes in Slidell, where I live
now. If you need help you need to go to them and tell them your needs. At
St. Lukes, they even had catholic families from other places that would
"adopt" a family and help them financially or with whatever their need was.
Catholics go about their help in a very different way than southern baptist,
who are very charismatic.

lm