[StBernard] Pre-Katrina Home Values

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Mar 5 21:24:08 EST 2006

Jerry,
I think that's what is going to hit everyone in the backside on this issue.
We were all probably pretty happy when those appraisals came in "below
market" and we had to be taxed on it knowing they were worth more. Now, if
that is is official appraisal, it's going to hurt us on the buyout/grant
thing.

JY

Has anyone above Genie (perferably in the Marietta to Decomine St.
area) for
single-story home dwellings, had their houses appraised lately?

I refuse to believe that they are valued in the sub-$95,000 value
(Taxation
by Parish Accessor Marlene Vinsanau), as my home in 1997 was
appraised for
$110,000 back then. Hasn't the homes rose in price since then and
before
Katrina hit? It's going to make a big difference if any buyout is
made by
state/federal/local, etc..
Will anything help to solidify the idea that values were booming
before
Katrina? Many were figuring that pre-values were up to $120-$130
price
ranges as such..

Jer.