[StBernard] looking for info

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 6 16:03:13 EST 2006

I don't know if this will help much but here goes:
We applied for SBA and told them from the beginning it was for relocation.
I received the packet and all information on it was for my home in Meraux.
I questioned SBA about this and was told it was a formality, complete packet
and send in, then they would do a modification. We are at that point now,
with a purchase agreement on a home in Abita Springs. After the
modification paperwork is complete, we were told we would received a new
package with the information being on the pending home purchase. I did,
however, have to file the SBA lien paperwork at the courthouse and the
mortgage, this was on the home in Meraux. I was told by the SBA legal
department that these would be released once the paperwork on the new home
is completed and that the lien would be released on our Meraux home. We are
supposed to close by the end of the month. Once I get to that point I wi ll
gladly post the results.
I would also suggest writing a letter to SBA and sending any and all
documentation that supports your reason for relocating. I did this in the
beginning and was told it helped in the process for relocation approval.
Good Luck!

Cathi

has anyone gotten a RELOCATION LOAN through the SBA? If so, how does
that
work? What happens to your home in the parish especially if you paid
it off
with your insurance proceeds?Do you have to sell your home before
you get
the loan? Any info would be appreciated.

CASSAVEDO