[StBernard] Lack of Catholic Pastoral Care

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 6 16:54:37 EST 2006

Fr. Mark, thanks for the good job you're doing.

Regarding Catholic Charities (and after holding a phone discussion with
them), I get the impression that they are vital to necessary essentials at
the onset of a disaster, whether it be a hurricane, total fire loss of
victims, etc..

In other words, some can goods, used "Goodwill-type" donated clothes, etc.
When I told them that I wasn't starving to death, had used Red Cross funds
to purchase clothes, etc., I was told that's about it.

I made a couple calls to different people and the same result. If you're
beyond sleeping on the streets, soup-kitchen and homeless, it's beyond their
function.

Jer.

Dear Heather,
If you want help from Catholic Charities, go to the office at Our Lady of
Prompt Succor Church. There is a branch set up there. Catholic Charities
has no idea of where you are or what you need if you don't tell them.
God bless,
Fr.Mark