[StBernard] 4.2 Billion for Louisiana denied !!!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 8 15:25:02 EST 2006

Then again, you have the chicken or the egg syndrome, which came firstly,
"an idea of security/safety from the storm by our levee system (corps'
responsibility) or an "idiots" dream of machoism wanting to ride out the
storm and ultimately losing life over the dream to avoid evacuating and its
cost? Were we in confidence and comfort zones about the security that our
levees would withhold Cat 3 storms only to be let down by its failure? OR,
did Chicken Little strike twice last year, --once at the movies and the
other with people's complacency after so many prior misses, (which
ultimately had people feeling invinciple, that nothing would be THAT serious
as to warrant an evacuation, again and again?)

..At some point, we'll determine which action needs to be taken..

--jer--

I think Hurricane Katrina is responsible for the deaths of those who chose
not to evacuate, not the Corps. We were warned.

ML