[StBernard] question about proposed buyout areas

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 9 08:49:54 EST 2006

Below is an excerpt from the information posted on the parish website-
The third item is of concern to me, as I own a double on the south side of
East Liberaux street that is within the stated boundaries.
Can anyone explain the reason for stating that "A number of doubles..." are
proposed for the buyout? Is the plan to only remove some houses, and, leave
open areas within the neighborhood? I'd like to see a more defined
explanation of the plan for this area.

Thanks

"Here are the areas the council approved for potential buyouts:

-- Along the east side of the Chalmette Vista Canal, including the Village
Square apartments from Patricia Street to the Chalmette Centre shopping
strip service alley, and the corridor from West Judge Perez Drive to the 40
Arpent Canal.

-- Along the east and west banks of the De La Ronde Canal, from Judge Perez
Drive to the 40 Arpent Canal.

-- A number of doubles on the north side of East Liberaux Street, to the 40
Arpent Canal and from Paris Road to the De La Ronde Canal.

-- The Daniel Park area, including Daniel Drive and Stacie Drive in Violet,
to the 40 Arpent Canal and Guerra Drive, north of Judge Perez. Guerra Drive
north of East Judge Perez will also be considered. "

Charlie Fos
Tel:504-228-6821

e-mail: fosc at randa.net