[StBernard] Evacuations?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 10 07:49:43 EST 2006

BL,

While I agree with alot of what you are saying, I cannot agree with the
fact that we were not given the proper info. I distinctly remember Lynn Dean
almost being hysterical 7am Sunday morning warning people that the levees
won't hold or would be blown. I remember the news telling me 20-30 ft storm
surge. The weather people all said the surge would "top" the levees at that
rate, flooding would ensue. Now I might be alittle off on this because I was
packing, but I believe that people were instructed to call the sheriff's
office if they had no way out as well. I know in the city, even if the news
never says it, RTA drivers were taking people to the Dome from local area
high schools. I know that the parish opened CHS for a shelter, so people
could go even if they didn't have "means". I personally believe that people
just believed it would make that turn that it always had and spare us.

Wendy Hall