[StBernard] Craig, is this right?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 16 20:21:43 EST 2006

Thanks, Wes. Craig, I wonder if you can confirm this for us. I would
imagine a lot of people are in my situation and it will make a difference as
to whether we take the buy-out. I had heard rumors of the 75% compensation
for the "mitigation zone" (I am in the mitigation zone as it is presently
drawn, in BVN and north of Patricia) but I have not heard confirmation of
whether or not my insurance proceeds would be deducted from the 75% buyout
price. If it is true that insurance is not deducted, a lot more people in
the mitigation zone will sell out and it truly can be the green space
envisioned by the Duany plan.

CK
CK,

It really depends on where your house was located and if it is located in a
mitigation zone.

If you are in a mitigation zone then you will be offered 75% of your
pre-Katrina value without insurance or FEMA funds taken into consideration.

If you are outside the mitigation zone, then you may have to just sit on the
property until a private party does come along and make an offer for it.

Westley