[StBernard] Duany meeting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 16 20:32:34 EST 2006

You are entirely correct CLM.

In the 30+ years we lived there we NEVER had flooding on Meadowlark Dr. In
fact we were on one of the highest points in the parish according to the
elevation map on the "Rebuild..." website. I checked it in the P.P
presentation. This was governmental failure, i.e. levees not built strongly
enough.

I did have to chuckle at some of DDK's descriptions of the housing stock.
Our house was built 1972, but we DID have modern conveniences and
insulation! <g> Now. coming from parents who grew up in rural AL and KY,
modern conveniences could mean running water, plumbing and electricity!
(wink)

So, as of now, we will repair what we had and if this happens again, well
all bets are off then.

JY