[StBernard] Update From State Representative Nita Rusich Hutter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 16 20:48:09 EST 2006

Update From State Representative Nita Rusich Hutter

March 15 , 2006

----

HUTTER TO SERVE ON LOUISIANA RECOVERY AUTHORITY HUMAN SERVICES COMMITTEE

State Representative Nita Rusich Hutter, R-Chalmette, has been appointed to
the Human Services Task Force of the Louisiana Recovery Authority.

The task force is charged with identifying social service needs and sources
of revenue in order for the Louisiana Family Recovery Corps to assist
hurricane victims as well as establishing criteria for the integration of
human services delivery as facilities are redeveloped or re-established.

Representative Hutter said, "It is a great privilege to be asked to serve on
this task force. So many of our institutions have been destroyed and
employees displaced. There has been no coordinated mechanism to bring
agencies and organizations together in providing services. In order for our
communities to come back, and come back as safe and stable areas able to
provide a high quality of life, we must be able to provide basic services.
This task force will address such issues as mental health, addictive and
developmental disabilities, quality child care, poverty, child welfare,
vocational rehabilitation, training and job placement and homelessness. By
addressing these issues, we will help move Louisiana forward."