[StBernard] Neighborhood Stink

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 18 11:10:48 EST 2006

Kenny:

You are definitely not alone. I am disappointed that so many of our former
neighbors and friends have let their homes and contents sit and become a
haven for rodents, thieves, etc. It is well past time that local government
pass laws requiring them to clean-up their property or give permission to
the various church groups or other volunteers to take the action the owners
should be taking for themselves. It was great to see so many young people
giving their time and effort to clean-up houses on Charles Drive last week,
but equally disappointing to see other homes in the same area filled with
debris. Do people think that their property will increase in value by
letting it sit as-is for the past six months? I sincerely doubt that
insurance issues are behind the lack of interest by certain homeowners, but
if that is the case, I doubt that they would be any worse off if they took
pictures before gutting and of the debris once removed.

John