[StBernard] Church Services

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 20 14:38:00 EST 2006

Just want to put in a quick update on the going ons at Gethsemane Lutheran
on Paris Road, as I found so much help through this list, from moving
crypts, towing cars, scraping lots, etc If you drive along Paris Road, you
may have seen some movement there. Pastor's trailer was moved to the back
play ground behind the school building. The motorhome in the front will
serve as a temporary office space. So both vehicles are being used The tent
will be used initially for worship. Today a deck/floor is being built for
it. Eventually it will be used for either donations or gatherings or lunches
for volunteers (dont know yet) once the building is closed in and usable
for worship.
Pastor Jim will conduct EASTER services there, and possibly Palm Sunday as
well, but certainly Easter.
The inside is gutted and cleaned, we are getting electrical work lined up
and spraying for mold before sheetrock is installed.
The inside will be changed to add showers, and eventually we will be hosting
more Lutheran Disaster Response volunteers locally, so they dont have to
come across the lake.

Unfortunately we never heard from Murphy about testing, although we
requested it. Until we know anything about our soil, we can not go ahead
with any daycare as we dont trust the playground for kids just yet.

Anyways, I hope that we see lots of friendly faces on Easter Sunday. God B
less, and keep us in your prayers. We want to be back to serve our parish.

Gaby