[StBernard] Ron Chapman's article

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 20 22:53:43 EST 2006

Ben,
1. why are certain well known political figures and parish officials buying
up selective pieces of property, of course at discount prices.
Since I do not know which political figures or parish officials you
may be talking about, can't answer. But you could ask them.

2. why would they take a trailer park for a buffer zone, then buyout
Bartolo Dr., but leave Munster Dr. open?

The request for Murphy to create a buffer zone is to establish some
space between the refinery and homes- Murphy will make the call and decide
the buffer zone, if any. Munster Blvd. homes will have the same access to
any housing assistance that anyone else will have- the original suggestion
was to include Munster in the recommndation, but too many objections to
council members left it out of the plan.

3. Why would Mr. Dean let all of these trailers be put on his property, yet
fight against everything that the parish is trying to do for the people?

You'll have to ask him.

4.
Why has the Archdiocese left the cemetaries to go to ruin.

You'll have to check with the Archbishop

5. Why has the parish basically left the lower end of the parish to fend
for themselves, when this end of the parish is the core of St. Bernard.

The lower end of the parish is outside the levee protection system.
We work to include every bit of assistance that can be found for the eastern
end of the parish and support Councilman Melerine in his efforts to assist
his district.

Oh so many questions but so few answers.

Oh so much desire to help everyone, but finding it impossible to
please the masses and still keep this ship afloat.

Ben's is certainly a welcomed addition. We are happy to have all of our
food establishments getting back to business.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig