[StBernard] are we safe

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 23 23:11:22 EST 2006

Ah, Deb..

So, as I was referring to large CAT storms above CAT 2. Even with the Dallas
flood, we have had May floods, but NEVER did the water in those situations
bring water any nearer to my home but some in the street.

I'm not concerned about earthquakes at the moment <G> And tornados are rare
around us except during storms (like Katrina).

Therefore, when I refer to a "safe place" I am testing the waters here (no
pun intended) for opinion from knowledgable, experienced people. Are we safe
in regards to a CAT 3 or higher hitting us again (hopefully not anytime
soon, but knowing storms, they bend, twist and turn into our neighborhoods).
Levees, MRGO, and waterways/wetlands/natural barriors are in question here.
Again, to the knowlegeable, are we truly in any sort of danger in the
immediate sense. (not 20 years down the line). Nagin says build, recover,
etc. at your own risk. If we have this type of attitude coming from our
government, we will have to rethink things until there is comfort in our
hearing we can protect ourselves, loved ones, friends and acquaintances from
the "same-old, same-old" danger in St. Bernard Parish. Should we be
concerned after being confronted with post-traumantic stress disorder
smacking us?

Jer.