[StBernard] SBA vs. LRA

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Mar 26 20:38:22 EST 2006

Jer, on't despair, the cottage program includes several workshops on how to
downsize your life possessions and live in a miniature world- the presenter
is Alice in Wonderland, the unofficial poster girl for the Katrina cottage
and the poster will have a subtle picture of $70,000 overflowing from her
dress while the lucky cottage recipient stares aimlessly at the destroyed
house and debris that $70,000 coluld have gone a long way to address. Good
luck and God Bless, PS. watch out for that pesty rabbit and don't drink the
Duany tea" --Craig"

**Craig, I don't know if you're "PUN-ing" or not with this message. Do you
care to expound upon this make-believe story about rabbits and Irish tea
during Spring/Easter? ;')

If you're saying that a $70,000 downsized home is available (wherever one
wishes to place it in Louisiana?), how can that be, with people choosing IT
over a trailer, and signing up for one?

BTW, I've heard that it may be in conflict with the FEMA'a by-laws/rules of
engagement to get "permanent" housing given to people over temporary homes
like the "floating trailers in St. Bernard" <G>

BTW #2 - Dr. Gray said, we've been "lucky" thus far from storms (being we
got just 2 of the 9 thus far). They're going to be more numerous, traumatic
and powerful during these La Nina years. Is he a quack or can we trust that
his infinite wisdom will place us in jeopardy perhaps? It's going to be an
interesting decade.

=jer=