[StBernard] The Archdiocese

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 29 20:10:52 EST 2006

A note about offertory contributions. A recent post here stated that 'once
it's in the basket, it's the Archdiocese's'. That is not exactly true. Have
you ever wondered where the money comes from to run your parish? It doesn't
come from the archdiocese. It comes from your support. Each parish pays a
tax to the archdiocese to help run it, not the whole contribution.
By the way, do you think Our Lady of Prompt Succor School is operating at a
profit with only 50 students? Where do you think the money came from to open
this school?
It came from the other parishes that make up what we call 'The Archdiocese'.
The Archdiocese is made up of the people of the parishes. When you want
money from the 'Archdiocese', you are really asking for money from '
everyone else's parish'.
We all deposit our parish savings in 'central financing' and have an account
banked that belongs to the parish. When a parish borrows money or is given
money for some good work, it's from all the other parishes. Hope this clears
up the common errors about the finances of the Church frequently mentioned
in this forum.
God bless,
Fr.Mark