[StBernard] District D FAQ

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 5 22:53:59 EDT 2006

DISTRICT D

MURPHY OIL REFINERY TO JUDY DRIVE
JUDY DRIVE TO MERAUX PASTURE
MERAUX PASTURE TO OAK RIDGE (North side of Judge Perez Drive)
MERAUX PASTURE TO COLONIAL BLVD. (South side of Judge Perez Drive)

Q: WHAT IS THE LRA AND WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO APPLY FOR GRANT MONEY? This
refers to the community development block grant program (CDBG).
Visit the website www.doa.louisiana.gov or call 1-888-ROAD 2 LA
(888-762-3252). You can register for the state's housing recovery program.
Another website with this information is www.louisianarebuilds.info .

Q: WHAT AREAS WILL NOT BE MITIGATED?
Lexington Subdivision and Angelique Estates will not be mitigated.

Q: WHAT IF I DIDN'T SIGN UP BY THE MARCH 31ST DEADLINE?
The March 31st deadline has been moved to May 31st for residents to sign up
with community development as to what you have decided to do with your home.

Q: HOW CAN I GET MY HOME GUTTED FROM THE VOLUNTEER GROUPS? Get Right of
Entry (ROE) forms signed in the Community Development office.

Q: IF YOU WAIT FOR FEMA FLOOD ELEVATION MAPS TO COME OUT, WILL YOU BE
GRANDFATHERED?
If I decide to take the Buyout and I have a FEMA trailer and the maps come
out, what will happen?
3 choices: 1. Sell to an individual buyer.
2. Sell to LRA (Louisiana Recovery Authority)
3. Sell to Parish Housing Authority
The new owner will have to make those decisions regarding elevating the
property.

Q: HAVE TO HAVE AN ELEVATION SURVEY OF YOUR HOUSE.
If you weren't grandfathered in you weren't compliant

Q: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DAMAGE ASSESSMENT VS. A STRUCTURAL
ASSESSMENT
Don't leave a property blighted, at the very least have the grass cut,
windows and doors closed.

Q: CAN'T GET MURPHY OIL TO TEST THE PROPERTY FOR OIL.
Contact Murphy Oil to request testing on your property, if that is not
successful, Consult an Attorney.

Q: LIVING IN HOUSE THAT WE HAVE ALREADY GUTTED AND REMODELED. WHAT ABOUT THE
NEIGHBORS THAT LATER ELEVATE THEIR HOMES. WILL WE NEED TO ELEVATE LATER OR
WILL THE LEVEES BE HIGH ENOUGH? You won't be penalized if you have already
rebuilt your house.

Q: OUR INSURANCE COMPANY DROPPED OUR COVERAGE DURING THE TIME WE HAD
EVACUATED AND DID NOT RECEIVE OUR MAIL.
The insurance company can not suspend your policy due to the disaster- Get
an attorney.

Q: ON THE WEBSITE WWW.SBPG.NET IT STATES THAT DANIELLE AND STACY STREETS
WILL NOT BE REDEVELOPED DUE TO DENSITY AND DAMAGE
If owner occupied, you will be able to stay in your home.

Q: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LRA/ GREENSPACE?
Fema- Hazard Mitigation is deed restricted for 99 years
LRA- Will use the property for Redevelopment

Q: WHO OWNS ASPECT ENERGY- THEY ARE MAKING A LOT OF NOISE IN THE AREA.
They are conducting a Vibration Study for about one more week. (until early
April)
We will ask them to curb their hours of operation

Q: MY INSURANCE COMPANY WON'T GIVE ME PRE-KATRINA VALUE FOR MY HOME.
You can hire your own appraiser to get a current estimate of what the value
of your property is.

Q: THE SBA LOAN WAS APPROVED AND IT IS NOT ENOUGH TO REBUILD. IF LRA GETS
INVOLVED AND THEN DEDUCTS THE INSURANCE I WON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO DO ANYTHING.
SINCE THE SBA LOAN ALSO WAS MADE OUT TO MY MORTGAGE COMPANY I TOOK THE CHECK
THERE AND THEY USED THE PROCEEDS TO PAY OFF THE MORTGAGE. THEY DID NOT ASK
IF I WAS GOING TO REBUILD.
1. Go to SBA and ask for them to call your Mortgage Company and speak
to the Loan Officer that handled your loan. Tell them the Mortgage Company
did not give you the option to rebuild or they may require a demand letter.
2. You would have to pay off the SBA Loan with LRA money and stand your
ground.
3. LRA said they would not penalize people who have SBA Loans.

Q: I HAVE A VEHICLE ON MY PROPERTY THAT IS NOT
Transient Community. Call a towing company such as Raisenman at
504-271-9396 or R & S Towing to come pick up the vehicle. If you have a
car that is yours and you want towed they can haul it off for salvage if you
sign the forms for that.

Q: STATE FARM TOLD US THEY HAD NO STRUCTURAL BOUNDS. CAN I STILL SELL MY
HOUSE TO LRA?
State Farm or any other insurance company can not decide to demolish a
house.

Q: HAVE ASKED RESIDENTS NOT TO RENT THEIR PROPERTY OUT DURING THE NEXT 12
MONTHS TO HELP STABILIZE THE MARKET.

Q: WHAT ABOUT BEACHHEAD AND CALUDA STREETS? ARE NOT STRUCTURALLY SOUND AND
NEED TO COME UP TO CODE.

Q: WHAT COMPANIES ARE DOING NEW CONSTRUCTION IN THE PARISH?
T-Mac,

Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF THE DEMOLITION COMPANY TEARS DOWN THE WRONG HOUSE?
They have insurance to cover mistakes like that.

Q: I HAVE A HOUSE ON FLORIDA STREET.
Do what you need to do.

Q: IF IT'S REQUIRED TO ILD ONLY 3 FEET UP CAN I BUILD FOR EXAMPLE 8 OR 9
FEET UP?
It must look like a first floor of a home.