[StBernard] District D FAQ

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 6 07:54:47 EDT 2006

Dear Craig:

Regarding the Question: What areas will not be mitigated? and the Answer:
Lexington Subdivision and Angelique Estates will not be mitigated...

Why were Lexington Place and Angelique Estates singled out of the
mitigation?

I have not driven thru Angelique Estates, but just like you, I too, live
in Lexington Place and it was one of the hardest hit subdivisions in St.
Bernard Parish.

Plus, it is surrounded by canals on 3 sides !

Lake Borgne and the MRGO are in our backyards. What will stop another 20+
foot storm surge from drowning our houses again?

Is it just me, or does the decision not to mitigate Lexington Place make no
sense whatsoever?

Thank you for your non-stop work on such an enormous and intense "project".
I can't imagine what we would do without you.

God Bless,

Terry Vinson Battaglia