[StBernard] nola forum

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 7 10:31:10 EDT 2006

Rodney,

This forum has always been meant as a two-way means of communication, just
with a bit of moderation involved.

Trying to gather and collect the information that people are looking for
could be a full-time job, but since this is a volunteer operation there are
no funds to hire anyone to do that. Instead, we rely on each other to find
information and pass it on to the rest of the group.

Do opinions get shared? Yes and I do think it adds to appeal of the list.

Without some of the conversations that do take place, we would probably be
down to under five emails a day. We also would probably end up not doing
anything more than just sending out the same news articles and press
releases you could get from the Times-Picayune. This forum allows us all to
still retain some sense of being St. Bernard neighbors. Instead of only
talking with the four or five families that live next-door to you or across
the street, you get to talk to over 600 families from through out the
parish.

I realize not everyone is use to a high-volume list such as this one and it
can take some getting used to. Personally, I get close to 500 emails a day,
half of which are junk/spam and are deleted automatically by my email
program. Of the remaining 250, at least half of those are junk that slips
through and needs me to manually delete them, leaving me with about 100 good
emails.

I also belong to other email lists where I do just delete some of the
messages without reading them. It's all part of the process.

Westley