[StBernard] Politicians

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 01:11:30 EDT 2006

Reagrding Jer's statement

"...many good-willing candidates get beat out of the job because their
self-expressions and outward appearances during elections are not-to-par
with seasoned, polished "professional politicians" who have a gift for gab
enough to sell the toughest of Brookly Bridges and insurance to the
handicapped. "

Syl- "How do you think Edwin Edwards kept getting elected, even though
everyone knew about the things he did ? Syl"

Jer - If we base my theory on solely Edwards' "Chrisma" (and slick-Eddie's
lying through the teeth exhibitiion), then I rest my case. Fewer were
slicker than Edwards and Slick Willie Clinton (although many are very close
in second, third, etc. place.