[StBernard] Ex-FEMA chief Brown may be hired by ravaged parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 11 21:52:58 EDT 2006

Laurie,

Not pissing them off in a bad way, but think about it. Who knows the ins
and outs better than the ex FEMA chief. Who wrote the rules and regs for the
past 8 years, he did. Who knows all the papers that need to be filed, where
all the "i's" need to be dotted and "t"'s crossed. Who knows all the short
cuts in bypassing red tape. While I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Brown's, if he
could make things right by St. Bernard by getting us ALL of the funding we
are entitled to then he will have made up what he screwed up.

Wendy

Why would we want to piss off the feds? We will get more help with honey
than vinegar. If our intent is to get as much help for our citizens as
possible, pissing off the feds should not be our goal. We have to stop
bucking the system and try to use the system. It might feel good to try to
get revenge, but it won't help us.

Laurie