[StBernard] News Release on Extensions to File

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 13 23:42:39 EDT 2006

Good Afternoon,

I think the attached news release link will be of interest to you and
your clients as we approach April 17th.

Taxpayers affected by Hurricane Katrina who still cannot file their 2005
income tax return by the postponed due date, Aug. 28, 2006, may request
this six-month extension of time to file in addition to the postponement
already granted to them for their April 17, 2006, filing and payment
deadlines. The six-month extension would extend the filing due date for
Hurricane Katrina taxpayers to Feb. 28, 2007. To request the additional
six-month extension, Hurricane Katrina taxpayers need to file the 2005
version of Form 4868 by August 28, 2006. However, they need to write
"Hurricane Katrina" in red on the top of the extension request form.

The complete text is contained in the link below:

http://communications.no.irs.gov/ProductIndex/TemplateInc.asp?ProductCod
e=7&TheFile=NewsReleases~IR-2006-58.htm

If you receive this message more than once or at the wrong email, I will
hopefully get my distribution list cleaned up after April 17th. Thank
you.

Deirdre (Dee) Harris
Stakeholder Liaison
1555 Poydras Street