[StBernard] Debris

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 15 09:59:27 EDT 2006

Craig:

Based on Jill's address, her home, as mine, is located in the Murphy Spill
Zone. From Jacob Drive to Mumphrey, for over two months now I have only
seen sporadic pick-ups of white goods. Considering that refrigerators and
freezers holding food for over the past seven months is a health hazard and
will breed rodents, why are these items remaining untouched? Is it Murphy's
responsibility, FEMA's, or the contractor's working for the parish?

One could argue that these items are not being picked up because many are
located on lawns past the sidewalk, however, yesterday I observed two trash
pick-ups in operation, and in both cases the white goods were pushed onto
the owners lawn. Is the payment for these items lower, encouraging those
removing the trash to push them aside.

I know you can't control everything that is going on, but at least you
respond, and you respond truthfully, which is all anyone expects.

Thanks for your continued efforts.