[StBernard] FEMA Publications & attitudes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 19 10:16:20 EDT 2006

**Thanks, Laurie. Yes, and this concept is actually a "no-brainer" approach
to helping emotional people get help. There should be "Katrina Helpers" who
can be available by appointment to take each individual case (as everyone
each has a unique situation for sure. The case-work can go through
insurances, government expectations, FEMA, etc. and other crucial info.
Making right choices are more crucial indeed. Spending needless money is not
in the best interest of folks whose lives are so devestated, that buying
food, clothing and necessities are a chalenge itself. Whether the family
though is well-2-do or down in the dumps, everyone wants to make decisive
and correct decisions that affect their families' lives as well as the
outcome of their financial situation. It can make a significant difference
in time or money--whether properly used or wasted.

Ignoring the help we need adds more insult (and "salt") to the wound.

We can't afford either in our lives..

--jer--

Jer,

I think this is a good idea, to get some sort of counseling program to help
people make the most intellegent choice for their circumtance. My husband
and I are very confused about what to do. We have so many variables to
consider, and things are not clear to what would be the best choice or
option. We have a home, three residential rentals, and a commercial building

that my husband ran his office from. Each has it's own unique set of
circumtances, different insurance coverage types and amounts, oil spill on
some of them, maybe green space on some, maybe LRA block money on some, FEMA

elevations, grandfathered in or not. We are not experts in this new
uncharted territory and don't have much help to sort this all out. Westely
and Craig are trying to help, but some of the answers are not know yet.
Maybe this is not practical but it would be a good idea to have someone to
help with this.

Laurie