[StBernard] Plan allows entire Big Easy to be rebuilt

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 19 23:13:16 EDT 2006

Gaby,
I am presently employed by Mr. Dean and have been for the last 17
years working at the EBI St Bernard Facility. Since Katrina I have been
working at our Facility in Houma, LA. Because of Katrina any employee from
the Braithwaite plant was offered employment and housing at the Houma
facility because of the damage at EBI in St Bernard. EBI has, since the day
after the storm had a crew in our plant cleaning and repairing equipment,
getting it ready for our return from Houma. EBI has for the last 16 or so
years operated a plant in Houma, mainly building, servicing and repairing
our jack-up boats. EBI is returning to St. Bernard. Certain hurdles needed
to be jumped before that can happen, such as employee housing, electricity,
phone service, availability of food and basic necessities, replacement of
needed operating equipment for the plant etc. Many of these things have
already been solved. In fact today Wed the 19th, BellSouth is repairing our
much needed T1 communications line which will allow our computer and phone
systems to communicate with the rest of the world mainly between the
Braithwaite and Houma facilities. EBI is coming back. Our time line is in
about 2 weeks hopefully sooner. It might take some time to bring EBI back up
to like it was but EBI is definitly not pulling out.

Warren