[StBernard] Incredible

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 20 07:59:02 EDT 2006

This is not to throw sand in your face, but to pass on a statement that was
made. My mom has recently received her FEMA trailer. We live on the
Mississippi Gulf Coast and her trailer has been placed on my property. She
lived in Arabi.
When the guys showed up to measure and start the process of delivery, my mom
made the statement of how quickly she received her trailer. Granted it has
been what, 6-8 months like everyone else, but it was a matter of days after
the initial site inspector showed up to delivery of the trailer. The guy who
was measuring said that he and his crew went to New Orleans to assist in the
set ups because they knew residents needed trailers really bad. They sat in
New Orleans for three days on hold because FEMA and the state did not know
what the hell was going on and the process was all screwed up. He said that
after three days they left and came over to Mississippi and started working
and have been going nonstop ever since. It amazes me that the bureacratic
red tape is still holding up the process.
Its just a suggestion, but if you have family or friends in the Mississippi
area, see if you can stay with them on their property. The trailers are
coming in quick and in fact, by the earlier article I sent in, people are
turning them back in. I know it isn't home, but at least you can sleep in a
warm bed and only be a short distance from Chalmette. It has been four days
since the trailer arrived at my house. The plumbing is installed and the
electricians are already putting up the pole and fuse box. Mom should be in
by Friday.
I wish I could get more of you on my property to help give you a place to
call home for a while. Please remember that you guys are always in my
thoughts and prayers.

Bob
Ocean Springs, MS
(but always a Chalmette resident in my heart)