[StBernard] Damage Challenge - -need clarification

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 21 08:44:32 EDT 2006

Craig:
I read in Wed's (4/19) T/Picayune that if damage was 30%-60%, a structural
engr's report stating that the house is structuraly sound is all that was
needed - no need for rebuild estimates. My uncle was in Mr. Hunnicut's
that same day, and was told the same. I called Mr. Hunnicut's office
yesterday, 4/20, , and was told the same - only need the structural report.
Repair estimates are needed if damage assessment is over 60%.
Please clarify, as the information is again confusing.

Thanks,
Charlie Fos

To everyone,

According to Mike Hunnicut, a contractor's (or structural engineer) estimate

of the repairs will be accepted in his file- He reports that he has spoken
with FEMA and set his guidelines for this. Keep in mind that there are very
numerous claims to be handled so Mike is just trying to make sure the
reports are valid.

Craig