[StBernard] Your right to choose

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 23 23:22:42 EDT 2006

Ok, now I have heard it all, i was told that if you settle with Murphy you
now have to pay a class action lawyer 7% of what murphy will settle with you
for because said lawyers are mad because sooo many are opting out of
law-suit. It seems that said lawyer has again taken away our right to
choose. First by making everyone automatically a part of the class action,
and now if you choose to opt out, you still have to pay them 7% of what you
get. All the papers I keep receiving from the class action lawyers offices
all state that it is being done for the citizens of the parish, well when
citizens of the parish choose not to be part of the class action and still
must pay part of their money, how is it being done for the parish citizens.
Always considered this a free country with everyone having the right to
choose, now seems that one can lose those rights without ever talking to
anyone.

I do pose a question to any class action lawyer that may be reading this.
Everyone pretty much nows what is being offered by Murphy if you test
positive, however I have never heard what the class action lawyers are
trying to offer everyone. I know the all might dollars draws alot of
attention for people, so the lawyers have to understand do you settle for a
sure thing or do you take the gamble and maybe get a little bit from the law
suit.

Thanks for letting me vent. Keep up the good work Westley.

Denise