[StBernard] Gulf Outlet unlikely to close

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 25 09:51:02 EDT 2006

Good point, John.

Can anyone give me a good comparison of the advantages vs. the disadvanges
of having MRGO? I'm curious as to whether the advantages match up evenly,
are offset or ridiculous next to each other either way they're compared.

Thanks, because I too, am getting tired of seeing money come before our
lives as if we're expendable like casualties of war--which generals feel
"we're going to lose some, but the many are going to really enjoy the show
we're the hell going to put on!" Yes, wars ARE part of life and at times
they are justifiable (that's another subject) but if we're not going to "war
vs the MRGO" --then I don't know when we'll have a second chance again to
put it away, bust it in the chops or let it bite us on the rump and grin...

--jer--

In lieu of this article, this particluar section which read....."There's
going to have to be a business case made on a dollar-per-job basis," said
LRA Executive Director Andy Kopplin."

Unbelievable. After more than a hundred people drowning in St. Bernard as a
result the MRGO why aren't any of these business idiots making a case on a
"dollar-per-life" or a "job-per-life" basis? How many more people needed to
drown for them to see this?

A detailed, in-depth study I was involved in as recently as 2004 on the
economic feasibility of the MRGO showed only a few hundred regular jobs
among all the facilities that depend on the ship channel. Another Katrina
and the death count will surpass the job count affiliated with the MRGO.
That's the kind of thinking that should be taking place here.

John Scurich